Location | Ann Arbor Campus
FLSA Classification | Commissioned, Exempt, Full time Reports to | Ann Arbor Campus Pastor
Influenced by | Central Students Lead
The Student Pastor will be the main influencer in the overall direction and momentum of middle and high school ministries at the campus while working to maintain alignment through campus constants and pursuing creativity in contextual expressions. This will require having a “Do whatever it takes” mentality, being devoted to learning, and a willingness to be part of the big picture of what 2|42 Students are doing in a multi-site context.
What To Expect From Us:
● Clear expectations for your leadership, ministry impact, and work-flow.
● A work environment that will challenge and inspire you to be the best follower of Christ
you can be (ex: Jesus first, then spouse, then family, then ministry).
● A leadership team that trusts you.
● A leadership team committed to being led by God to impact our communities.
● Coaching and support for your God-given calling.
● A church that encourages and fans your gifts and talents.
What We Expect From You:
As a 2|42 Community Church Staff Member:
All Ministry positions at 2|42 work in a team. You will need to work well with existing team members and align to decisions that are made, even if you don’t agree with them. A good team member has open and honest conversations, allows tensions to exist within the team but always supports the team’s decisions and directions outside of the team meetings. Relational intelligence will be a key component to ensuring collaboration with the ministry teams.
● Uphold, support and agree to the 2|42 Statements of Beliefs and Leadership Expectations as well as our Mission and Core Values
● Attend “All Staff” meetings, Ann Arbor Campus staff events as well as Leadership Community and Vision Night events.
● Respond to all correspondence (email, voicemail, Slack, etc.) within 24 hours either through direct communications or an automated reply letting someone know when they should expect a correspondence back.
● Lean on the systems and resources provided by 2|42 community Church (our databases, leadership pipeline, and any cross-campus interactions).
● Operate consistently with the 2|42 Campus Model
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
● Oversee all aspects of Student Ministry including: Small Groups, First Impressions, Events / Camps, Big Vision, Programming/Production, Discussion Groups as well as outreach missional initiatives.
● Be the main influencer and director over both our Middle and High School programs on the campus.
● Develop “leads”, either volunteer or staff, to lead programming teams in all student ministry areas.
● Constantly raising the bar of excellence and expectations of programming and events through excellent vision casting, challenging directly, and caring personally.
● Constantly collaborating with the wider 2|42 Students Staff in order to maintain a sense of alignment across ministry areas, especially in all programming and event areas.
● Be a “Leader of Leaders” who is capable of significant recruitment and getting other people on mission in order to help more students take more next steps with God.
● Grow your ministry to reach as many students as possible based on the season goals of the church and department.
● Grow your teams to include the most high-capacity volunteers and leaders as possible.
● Track and measure the growth and effectiveness of your ministry and reporting according
to laid down metrics.
● Implement and maintain Students ratios of 1:8 SGL to students / 1:6 Network Leader to
● Production, development, organization, and upkeep of all team training resources.
● Work with Campus Pastor and Students Director to help set & achieve term goals.
● Meet monthly with the campus pastor to review goals and be held accountable for
● Demonstrate proficiency in communications, administration, adherence to assigned budget, and utilization of Orange Philosophy.
● Implement and Execute 2|42 Student Parent Strategy – annual events and trainings
● ALWAYS be a team player and to have an unstoppable mindset when it comes to helping
students take next steps with God. (We LOVE solution-minded people!).
● Any other duties as assigned.
Have a deep and growing relationship with God, active involvement in the leadership of the church and campus, and have a commitment to maintaining healthy and accountable relationships. A Christ-honoring lifestyle marked by, servanthood, generosity, joy, a love for the scriptures and prayer. A growing passion to shepherd others in their walk with God and to work effectively with many key leaders is necessary. Integrity in finances, relationships, and time management are expected.
● A clear and vibrant commitment to Jesus Christ displayed through their personal faith and devotional life rhythms.
● A passionate love for the church and a healthy understanding and embracing of its history, organization and role in the community.
● A solid commitment to the authority of Scripture and a well-developed personal theology.
● Sets a positive example and serves as a role model in their personal life.
● Warm, encouraging personality that connects well with others.
● A team player who’s able to both follow and lead while always being FLEXIBLE.
● Great recruiter and trainer of others.
● Clear personal and professional vision.
● A passion for continuous improvement.
● A “whatever it takes” attitude.
Utilize time management and organizational strategies to effectively carry out ministry
logistics (i.e. calendar use, data tracking, event proposals/reflections, etc).
Competency & Desired Qualifications:
● Leadership Competencies including but not limited to team building, vision-casting, training leaders for ministry and transformational leader of leaders.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
● Excellent working knowledge of the Bible.
● Tactical thinker with proven ability to equip leaders and organize functional structures.
● Effective communicator to adults of all ages.
● Proven effectiveness in a multi-staff & multi-campus setting; able to connect with people
● A college degree is preferable.
● A background of at least 5 years prior experience at a multi-site church is preferable.
● A proven track record of growth in a previous ministry setting is preferable.
● A heart for students and their families is a must.
● A humble approach and a desire to learn is a must.
Beneficial skills and experience:
● Social media engagement and versatility.
● Public speaking.
● Curriculum writing, development and adaptation.
● Tech-Savvy (Zoom, Slack, G-suite, Planning Center, Pro-Presenter among a wide range
● Wider networking with local and other youth ministries.
● Leading teams working on camps, trips etc.
This position will report to the Campus Pastor and will become a member of our Ann Arbor Campus Leadership Team. As such, this staff position will engage in pastoral roles, such as (and not limited to): teaching, baptism, weddings, funerals, communion, child dedications, worship services, spiritual counseling, and administrative affairs of the church.
Apply Through Site: Job: A2 Students Pastor