We are looking for a part-time team member to lead worship at Connect Church who has a desire to develop their God-given talents. This position requires a high standard of musical and technical excellence, this role is full of opportunities to lead and continue to grow in worship leading, creative and musical production, relational ministry, and teamwork to help create innovative and spiritually transformative worship experiences.
• Is a born again, baptized believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
• A drive to see people come to know Christ and to experience Christ in daily life.
• Is a good Christian role model and person of character that loves people, regardless of who they are, where they come from or what they believe.
• Is an authentic and transparent person. Maintains the highest standard of personal purity. Must be willing to undergo a mandatory background investigation.
• Enthusiasm and passion for people and the mission, vision and core values of Jesus Christ and Connect Church.
• Creative and relevant communication skills and ideas.
• A heart to serve, a good attitude, a self-starter but thrives on a team.
• A life time learner with a strong work ethic and an attitude of excellence.
• Self-motivated; ability to take initiative, strong organization and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Highly talented vocally with ability to lead with guitar and/or keys.
• Proficient in music and music theory.
• Appreciation of all genres of music.
• Able to play a central role in planning, organizing, and leading weekend worship experiences.
• Faithfulness to spiritual calling and purpose.
• Lead the music part of the worship services each Sunday morning and other potential opportunities that come up throughout the year.
• Plan and lead worship team rehearsals.
• Participate in creative meetings for worship evaluation and planning.
• Recruit, train, oversee and lead Dream Team members that serve with the worship team.
• Spiritually connect with and care for the worship team.
• Schedule and communicate production details with worship team members using Planning Center Online, Worship Online (training site), Spotify, etc. Also coordinate production details with the tech team and the church staff as needed.
• As needed, prepare/oversee creation of the keyboard sounds/patches, multitracks, MIDI and ProPresenter presentations.