Job Description: Teacher’s Aide
Vision: Building kids into their God-designed purpose through education
Mission: Education with a commitment to developing the next generation of leaders
Values: Leadership, Integrity, Courage, Strength
Overview: Reports to the Principal and/or Assistant Principal.
Salary is paid over the year.
The qualified individual is committed to fulfilling our mission within our community of students and families. The role includes all aspects of planning, organizing, and implementing an appropriate instructional program in an individual learning environment that guides and encourages students to fulfill their academic potential and promote positive Christian spiritual development.
Leadership: A Teacher’s Aide will help to answer student’s questions, keep records for students and teachers they are serving under.
• Oversee the environment for the students in their care.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the different subject areas.
• Computer skills are a plus, in order to employ computer programs to post grades and communicate with parents.
• Have the willingness to learn programs they may not be familiar with.
• Display a willingness and ability to assist in total school programs and extracurricular activities.
• Maintain clear, open and professional communication with the teacher.
• To work with administration to keep parents adequately informed of student discipline.
• Integrate Biblical principles and perspectives throughout the curriculum.
• Demonstrate knowledge of developmental characteristics of age group.
• Help students set daily goals.
• Demonstrate ability to inspire learning and cultivate relationships with student.
• Familiar with Biblical integration, assessments, and resources.
• Utilize school approved assessment techniques to inform and evaluate student learning and progress.
• Update all student and school records accurately and completely as required.
• Model effective skills in partnering through timely and proactive communication with parents in support of student behavioral and academic success (posting of assignments, grades, conferencing, etc.).
• Assist with enlarging the vision and mission of Englewood Christian School.
• Motivate students to accept God’s gift of salvation and help them grow in their faith through their witness and Christian role modeling.
• Lead students to a realization of their self-worth in Christ and assist them in making positive life choices.
• Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout all activities.
• Keep the Administration adequately informed of serious student issues.
• Recognize the need for good public relations and represent the school in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public.
• Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with kindness, dignity, and consideration.
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration.
• Know the procedures for dealing with emergency situations found in the schools Crisis Management Manual.
• Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
• Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
• Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and leadership functions in the school.
• Support the broader program of the school by attending extracurricular activities when necessary.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Administration.
• Work with the Principal (Founder), the Administrative team, students, and families to create a dynamic biblically-integrated learning environment that promotes excellence in academics and spiritual life.
• Provide opportunities, through classroom management, for students to practice skills and behaviors.
• Use real-life experiences to train and sharpen students’ comprehension in subjects taught planning, developing and executing lessons that reflect a Christian curriculum and the school’s educational standards.
• Adapting the curriculum for individual, small group, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of identified students or subgroups of students.
• Possess the ability and knowledge of leadership over your specific grade level.
• Communicate with families of the students through the Class Dojo app.
• Communicate with Valorous staff on the GroupMe app.
• Participate in weekly devotions and team meetings with the Valorous staff, as well as any last-minute meetings as they arise.
• And of course, the “anything that’s asked beyond this job description.”
• Have a conviction that God has called you to Englewood Christian School.
• Maintain a high standard of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all personal and professional matters.
• Invest in the lives of students to motivate them to grow in their faith and, for those students who do not know Jesus, to accept God’s gift of salvation through Jesus.
• Ensure the culture of the school campus environment is Christian-based, nurturing, wholesome, positive, and loving.
• Has knowledge of the physical and emotional development of children and understand the problems they face while growing up.
• Show mercy and grace towards students, staff, and families.
• Beginning Salary: Negotiable – Compensation depends on education and experience.
• AFLAC supplement insurance Schedule:
This job is also for someone who would like to be a teacher or become a teacher.