The Wentzville Youth Pastor is responsible for assisting in creating experiences of youth ministry while helping fulfill the mission, vision, and values of Element. They will be expected to build, develop, and lead teams and leaders within the youth ministry. This person must be able to cultivate relationships with parents, students, leaders, and volunteers that are life-giving and influential.
· Assist in pastoring/developing the leaders and students of EY
· Assist in Message Research and Development
· Oversee the experience of Wednesday nights within the vision of the ministry
· Oversee digital engagement team (EY WTZ)
· Curate series media, create as needed
· Facilitate Production (provide oversight/leadership) of Wednesday Night Experiences
· Serve as part of the teaching team for both middle and high school services
· Develop and sustain a level of personal professionalism among staff, parents, students, and team members
· Serve at all youth events
Assist in planning all youth events
· Development and execution of curriculum, teaching, events, and other ministry functions within the scope of Element Youth
· Create and maintain systems and processes related to the execution of all necessary functions within the scope of Element Youth
· Facilitation of internal and external meetings with staff, leaders, volunteers, and other counterparts
· Organizing project resource management
Qualifications / Experience Required /Main Competencies
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Ability to see the big picture
· Able to lead teams to navigate relationships and organizational alignment.
· Proactive with can-do-attitude, able to help solve problems outside of the immediate scope of their duties.
· A strong team player, proven team leadership potential
· Fast learner with ability to adapt to change quickly
· Able to recognize talent, engage volunteers and develop them for ministry.
· Highly flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Able to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
· Highly relational and works well with others.
· Teachable, willing to learn and grow.
· A four-year bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) is preferred, with preference given to a Pastoral or other ministry-related degree.
· Qualified candidates should have ministerial credentials.
· At least 3-plus years related ministry experience, including the ability to manage and lead high-functioning teams.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Knowledge of Project Management Processes
· Knowledge of Financial Processes (e.g., invoicing and budgeting)
· Fluent in English
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Work Location: One location