The Communications Director will report to and work closely with the Creative Arts Pastor, providing support for ministries, special programs, and assisting in the weekend services as needed, as well utilizing God’s gifts and calling in the following areas:
Major Responsibilities and Activities
• Work alongside the rest of the communications team to create content that resources the core ministries of the church well.
• Communicate and further the vision and values of Vale through video, photography, and graphic design.
• Create compelling scripts that will draw people to action.
• Proactively seek out God stories and avenues in which those may occur; work with other ministries to surface and capture compelling life-change stories.
• Proactive member of Creative Arts team; consistently contributes creative ideas for video and other initiatives that further ministry goals and priorities; attend creative arts team meetings and others as required.
• Provide support to ministries as they maintain their Ministry Specific online presence. Has an understanding of Social Media advertising, and a history of successful promotional campaigns.
• Ability to recruit, train and develop teams of communications volunteers, so that the various ministries of the church are supported with effective content capture.
• Effective Project manager. Having the ability to manage many ongoing projects for various ministry clients, with varying subtasks and due dates. Able to manage both ministry client relations, and communication team member’s workload.
• Be aware of what is going on in the life of the church and ready to capture moments that may not have been planned
• Understanding and ability to make website adjustments with the assistance of the Vale Church web provider
Outcomes and Results – Success in this position will result in:
• Communication team projects are managed well, so that deadlines are hit, and team members are not overloaded in the process.
• Communication and creative tools are utilized in an integrated approach – such as animating event graphics to use for video production as well as creating a stronger connection and influence with other Vale staff/contract artists, utilizing and developing designs that can complement and work well with all video and graphic support
• The core ministries of the church are resourced well with media support; teaching events, conferences and other church-wide endeavors are enhanced and supported by the Communications Team.
• Effective recruiting, training and development of 2-3 volunteer videographers, editors, and/or animators takes place within the first year of this position being filled, and a culture of team building and empowering of others remains a strong, ongoing value.