We’re looking for the right person to join our staff as the Youth Pastor. The ideal candidate is a relational leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit and has experience in building a team of volunteers with various spiritual gifts and strengths. The candidate should be passionate about winning the lost, building believers up in their faith, equipping them for a life of ministry and sending them out on mission, Matthew 28:18-21. This position includes oversight to our children’s ministry (VistaKids) and hands-on ministry for our Middle School and High School students. Our ministry currently averages about 20 middle school students and 10 high school students. We have adult volunteers and parents that are ready to serve but are waiting for someone to provide the right leadership to build a vibrant youth ministry.
● Provide vision, strategy, and development for the Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade)
● Give vision and leadership to a growing Children’s Ministry
1. Spiritually Mature: His walk with the Lord will be the highest priority. He strives to be a person of character who meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7, He makes time to care for his own soul.
2. Biblically Sound: He is able to correctly handle the Word of God and submit his life to its teaching. He will also live in the tension of grace and truth as he teaches the word of God to people longing for truth, but struggling with the issues of living life in a fallen world.
3. Family Man: If married, he will ensure his family has the proper care needed. He must be a faithful husband who spends quality time with his wife and is leading his family spiritually. He must also be present and intentional as a father to his children.
4. Called to Ministry: He must have a clear call to vocational ministry.
5. Philosophy of Ministry: He must be in agreement with the Vista Community Church philosophy of ministry. We are a church that welcomes all people to come as they are, and then we help them become more like Jesus.
6. Relational: Must be able to connect and relate well with students, parents, others in the church, and in the community. He must be emotionally healthy, sensitive to the needs of others, compassionate, tactful and a team player.
7. Leadership skills:
● He must have entrepreneur skills to help develop a teen ministry.
● He must be able to prayerfully plan, organize, and cast vision for the youth and VistaKids ministries.
● He must also be able to recruit volunteers, build teams, and develop and multiply leaders.
● He should have good organizational skills, but also be flexible and adaptable
● He should have great people skills and great communication skills
● He must be a self-starter who can manage his own schedule
8. Education and Experience: He should have 2 years of Bible college, seminary or equivalent training. He must have at least 3 years of leadership in youth ministry. He should have a working knowledge of Christian apologetics.
9. Missionary to small towns: Castroville is a small town within a growing county. Small towns are known for Friday night football games and relationships. It’s important to develop healthy relationships in the community with families, organizations, other churches, and community leaders.
For more information contact email@example.com.
You can also apply at https://vistacommunity.churchspring.org/contact-us/hiring-youth-pastor/